Cathay Pacific Refund Policy | Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy
Cathay Pacific is a flag carrier of Hong Kong. Suppose you have booked a reservation on your official website, mobile app, or through the contact center. You can quickly get your refund through different modes. After making a reservation with the airlines, the passenger might have to cancel their reservation, and they wish to get back their refund from the airlines.
Usually, most passengers prefer an online form to request the Cathay pacific on its official website quickly. Cathay Pacific refund policy will guide you on how you can get your refund back from the airlines. Firstly you have to cancel your flight to get your refund from Cathay Pacific.
How do I cancel my flight with Cathay Pacific?
If you cannot make up your Cathay airline flight, you can cancel Cathay Pacific Airlines Flights anytime. You can cancel your Cathay Pacific Flight ticket in some simple ways, which are given below.
For the tickets which are booked online from Cathay pacific official website, mobile app, reservation department, you can cancel the ticket by visiting the manage booking section online. You can enter the detail required on the screen and following the cancellation process.
In case you purchased a ticket from a third-party website or any travel agent, you can contact them directly.
Via reservation department:-
You can also contact Cathay pacific customer service to ask for cancellation by dialing the toll-free helpline number +800 2747 5500.
What is Cathay Pacific's cancellation policy?
1. As per Cathay pacific cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight up to 2 hours before departure.
2. The 24-hours cancellation policy of Cathay, if you book your ticket seven days before the flight departure, you can cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking. In this case, you will be eligible to get a full refund without any cancellation fee.
3. Once you cancel your flight, you will be eligible to get a full refund in specific scenarios, which are as below.
- If you cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking
- In case your flight got delayed for more than 5 hours.
- You have confirmed the ticket still; the airline denies boarding.
- If you got an alternate flight by airline but clashed with the connecting flight
- If you flex ticket, then also you are eligible to get a full refund.
- If you are not able to catch the fight due to the Death of a passenger or any close family member
In the above scenario, you will have to pay the cancellation fee.
4. As per the airline cancellation policy, you must cancel Cathay Pacific Flight one day before the departure to avoid the no-show fee.
5. Refund for the canceled ticket takes 7-20 business days, depending on the original mode of payment. It is seven business days for a credit card, debit card, and 20 b=business days for cheque and cash payment.
6. If you want to cancel a changed flight or re-issued flight, the cancellation amount will depend on the ticket qualification.
How much is the Cathay cancellation fee?
In case if you have to cancel your flight in Cathay pacific flight. In that case, the cancellation fee for unused and partially used tickets is approximately USD 150 per traveler and approximately USD 200 per traveler for expired tickets.
When you have a non-refundable fare, and you are not qualified for a refund. In that case, you will be penalized for approx USD 150 plus fare difference to rebook fares, like Promotional, Economy save, premium economy standard, and business save. The fee for rebooking economic standards will be approx USD 50. The Cathay Pacific cancellation fee may vary depending on the situation, destination, and route.
How do you get a refund from Cathay Pacific?
Steps through which you can quickly get your refund back from Cathay Pacific.
- Firstly, You have to visit the official website of the airlines.
- Go to the online Refund form Page.
- Fill in all the details, such as your PNR number and your last name. Do choose an option you wish to refund, such as tickets, seat reservations.
- After completing their form, You have to click submit and get a confirmed date on which you get yours within 7 -10 working days.
- Passengers that have canceled their tickets in the first 24 hours from purchase will get you a full refund.
Cathay Pacific Refund Policy
- Those Passengers who have canceled their tickets in the first 24 hours from purchasing will get their full refund.
- Passengers have to fill an online refund form which is available on its site, to get a refund from Cathay Pacific Airlines.
- After filling in all the details, the passenger has to submit the form and get an email on their registered email id, which the passenger has provided at the time of reservation with the airlines.
- You will easily get your refund within 7 - 20 business working days.
- You can request a refund for the partially used tickets, but you will not charge a cancellation fee.
- If you can request a refund for partially used tickets, you will be charged a cancellation fee.
- The above-written methods will guide you on how you can get a refund from Cathay Pacific and get your money back within a time given by the airlines.
How long does it take to get a refund from Cathay Pacific?
After requesting a refund from Cathay Pacific, your refund will take seven working days.
If you have made a reservation through banks, it will take 20 calendar days to get your refund back from the reservation made by the passenger.
The above-written ways will guide you on how long it takes and Cathay's pacific refund status, and you will get your refund in an appreciable amount of time.