How to get a refund from Southwest Airlines?
For a refund from Southwest Airlines, there are different ways that you can choose if you are canceling your flight booking. Follow the steps below for an easier and simpler process, or contact Southwest for a refund. The steps that need to follow are as follows:
Steps to get a refund from Southwest Airlines online:
- Get on to the official website of Southwest Airlines https://www.southwest.com/.
- Click on the Flight option available at the top of the homepage.
- It will then show a drop-down.
- Click on the Manage Booking option to get the refund and know the Southwest refund time.
- Enter the confirmation number, reference number, last name, and first name of the passenger.
- Then click on Search. It will help get into your reservation.
- Click the refund option available at the right of the ticket summary.
- Now, fill out the refund form.
- Provide the required documents, such as passenger details, flight details, bank account details, and personal details.
How do I contact Southwest for a refund?
Not only through the online process, but you can also get it done over a call by calling Southwest Airlines phone number. You can give call the customer service number and get connected with an executive, and place a request for a refund. The called procedure and IVR are as follows:
Steps to contact Southwest to request a refund:
- Go to the official website of Southwest Airlines.
- Scroll down to reach the Help Center section.
- Choose the help option.
- It will forward you to the contact page https://www.southwest.com/help/.
- On this page, select the assistance you want.
- Go to the contact options and choose the call option by tapping on the call icon.
- Give a call to the Southwest phone number 1-800-435-9792.
- Follow the IVR instructions.
- Press 1 to continue in English.
- Press 2 to change the language.
- Press 9 to talk to a Southwest executive.
- Press 0 to disconnect the call.
What is Southwest Airlines' refund policy?
You must be aware of the Southwest Airlines refund policy to get a refund. The guidelines are as follows:
- You should cancel your booking within 24 hours of purchasing to be able to get a refund according to the Southwest Refund Policy.
- You would be entitled to a refund if you have a refundable ticket. And you cancel your booking 3 hours before the scheduled departure time.
- If Southwest Airlines cancel your booking, the airline will pay you a full refund.
- If you cancel the booking due to a medical emergency or the death of a close relative, you will have to provide relevant documents to avail of the refund.
Can I get a refund on my Southwest flight due to Covid 19?
If a flight gets canceled due to Covid 19 emergency, the airlines will not charge any Southwest cancellation fee, and you are entitled to a full refund of the amount paid. But if you have a non-refundable ticket, you may have to pay the service charges. The amount returned will be after the deduction of service charges to get a refund from Southwest Airlines.
How long will my Southwest refund take?
- If you have made the bookings through online payment, credit cards, or debit cards, the refund may take up to seven business days.
- If you have purchased the ticket through cash or cheque, it may take up to twenty days for the refund amount o get reflected on your account.
How to check Southwest Airlines' refund status?
The refund amount takes at least twenty days to get reflected in your account. Buy still; if you want to check the Southwest refund status, you can refer to the refund ticket number, search for the same through the official account, and check the status. You can also call them and get the refund status.
How do I speak to a live person at Southwest Airlines?
How do I get a callback from Southwest Airlines?
How do I change my flight on Southwest Airlines?
How to cancel a Southwest Airlines flight?