Details about British Airways Baggage Allowance
Before you start preparing for your journey, it is extremely important to know about the baggage policy, cost, and the procedures through which you can add the bags. For that, you need to get through the British Airways Baggage Allowance so you will be well enlightened and will be able to easily prepare your bags for the flight. It will save you time at the check-in and make things convenient for you. Let us discuss details about the British Airways baggage allowance and enlighten you more about it.
What is British Airways Baggage policy?
The British Airways baggage policy includes several terms and conditions that will make it easy for you to prepare your bags accordingly. This policy has been divided into four parts, and we have explained it as it is for your convenience:
- The checked bags include all the stuff that will not be required during the flight. These bags will be transported by the Airline, and you can pick them up after the flight takes off:
- One or two bags of 23 kg are allowed with British Airways, depending on the class.
- The maximum weight of the bag is 32 kg that you can carry.
- If your bag gets overweight, you must pay $100 per bag.
- There are some locations/itineraries that hold different baggage allowances with different payment methods; you can contact the British Airways for that.
- It includes all the essential things that will be required during the journey in the cabin:
- This carry-on bag is allowed with a weight of 23 kg.
- Make sure that bags do not cross the size limit of 40 x 30 x 15cm (16 x 12 x 6in) as they need to be fit into the overhead cabin.
- You can bring stuff such as medication, phones, electronic devices, or other essential items in this bag.
- With one carry-on bag, you can get a personal item as well:
- This personal item should be able to be placed in from of the seat.
- Small musical instruments such as Guitar, flute, violent, etc., are permitted.
- Handbags, purses, backpacks, laptops, and covers are allowed as personal items.
- The airline has some items that are not allowed to be brought during the flight. Get through the list to save yourself from any inconveniences:
- Any dangerous items such as guns, revolvers, stun batons, pistols, toy guns, tasers, shotguns, etc.
- You are not permitted to bring harmful gases or liquids to the flight.
- Items such as scissors, knives, needles, lighters, and syringes cannot be carried unless you have valid medical reasons verified by the Airline.
How many bags does British Airways allow for free?
With Economy bookings, you can get one bag of 23kg; with Premium Economy, two bags of 23 kg, and with Business class, 2 bags of 32 kg are permitted to carry free of cost.
How much luggage can I carry on British Airways?
You will be allowed to get one hand baggage to the flight with the size dimensions 22" x 18" x 10" (56cm x 45cm x 25cm) with a weight of 23 kg.